Five Minute Friday: GRACEFUL
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
I struggled with this topic, I don’t see myself as graceful. Growing up I felt anything but graceful. I was the odd one out at school, the one that was picked on daily, the unpopular and weird girl. I believed their hurtful words and actions, and was never comfortable in my own skin. I wanted to believe in my mother’s words that when I grew up and it wouldn’t matter.
Can I really be graceful when I am wearing food and boogie stained clothes? Chasing after a screaming dinosaur holding a permanent marker? Cleaning marker stains off a wall? Picking up endless dinosaurs and cars? As I clean squished chicken from my son’s hands? As I take a deep breath to answer the hundredth “why” question for the day? As I struggle and sweat to keep son entertained while I shop for groceries?
But then I take a deep breath again and realize that my son looks at me and see me as his graceful, loving mommy. I am wondrous in his eyes and all his. I am his world and none of that matters, as long as I love him.
I want him to be the student who reaches out his hand to a class being bullied by others. I want him to thankful for all he has and not worry about what he doesn’t have. I want him to be the person who doesn’t classify people into categories, but just sees a person like himself.
It all starts with me and how I speak to hubby. How I react to hubby when he is upset or disappointed. How I react to son when he refuses to nap and mommy is exhausted. How I react when everything seems to be going wrong. How I react when I am stuck in traffic or am cut off by another driver. My son is watching and my actions and words need to reflect the graceful mother that he sees. My actions and words need to reflect the graceful person
I WANT him to be.
1. What is your favorite fall family tradition? hmmm that would be hubby, son and I walking along main street in our town to pick a pumpkin. Seems rather simple, but waking among those families reminds me just how we are to have our son.
2. If money weren’t an issue, how many kids would you have? oh boy, this is a tough for me. Before our infertility and financial issues I wanted two or three kids. BUT, I just accepted that Dinosaur is an only child and I am VERY HAPPY with our family.
3. If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be and where would you put it? I’d love a lily on my hip, or Anthony’s name near my heart, or maybe a cute Dinosaur near my heart.
4. What condiment is a must in your house? Hubby would say spicy mustard for his hotdogs. I would say bbq sauce, because you can put that on almost anything.
5. How did your spouse/fiance propose? LOL, We were pretty young and it was SO long ago. He taped the ring to the inside roof of his car and kept pointing up. I thought it was a spider and was afraid to look. Took me a few minutes to look up I thought he was trying to scare me. I was pretty shocked when I saw the ring. I knew the proposal was coming, just didn’t know when. This was perfect, because it was just him being him. If he actually got on his knee I would have probably laughed in his face, that’s just not us.
Want to see if I am maintaining my My Cleaning Schedule?...Am I caught up? Or have I been lazy? Still looking to see how I can put it in my sidebar without doing a plug-in.
What’s your cleaning agenda today?