Five Minute Friday: GRASP
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
He wakes up crying for his mommy, scared of the bad dream, alone needing his mommy’s embrace. I run to him and hold him in my arms, rocking and soothing him until he feels safe enough to go back to sleep.
He falls and looks up to me, tears in his eyes, pain on his little body. He runs to me and takes shelter in his mommy’s arms and knows that one kiss will make it all better.
He jumps at the loud noise and runs crying to me, I pick him up and rock him. He is protected here in my arms and I explain that the loud bang was just a truck outside. He knows he is in his mother’s arms completely safe.
He is pushed and jumped on in the bouncy castle, but maneuvers out of the boy’s hold. He looks to me, calling my name. He needs help and I can’t get to him, I can’t grasp him in my arms. Eventually he comes running to me and I hold him tight, telling him how proud I am of him for not using his hands and coming to me. I am relieved that I was his shelter, but worry that I won’t be there next time.
I worry when I won’t be able to run to him and grasp him up in my arms, when I won’t be there to protect and reassure him. I worry that I won’t be there when he needs me. Will my teaching and words be enough for him? Will he know what to do and who to go to for help? Will he remember that I will make it to him eventually hold him in my arms. Will he remember that he is always in God’s grasp? Will he remember that he is never alone?
1. Do you prefer to drive to your vacation spot or fly? I prefer to drive, this way we can stop on our time for stretches, bathroom breaks and meals. I really don’t like being cramped up and not being able to move.
2. If you could live any where in the world, where would you go and why? Hmmm,this may sound strange but both Maine and Texas intrigue me. I would love to split my time between both states. They are both so beautiful, with very different and extreme weather, and let’s not forget their delectable foods and gorgeous views.
3. Should grown women wear leggings? I think women should wear whatever makes them comfortable and happy. I don’t buy into these fashion rules, I wear what I want, how I want. I dress for me and if I feel good that is all that matters.
4. If you could change your name to any other name, would you? And what would it be? I love my name, my parents named me so how could I change the name they gave me? When I was pregnant, the girl name we chose was Angelina Sophia, for my grandmother…but I am NO Angelina. I am Karen and simply can’t be any other name.
5. What magazines to you have subscriptions to? I subscribe to Parents and Redbook, I think. I won’t subscribe to them unless the price is almost free. I think I got the subscriptions a few years ago. Now a days, almost everything is online, but then again, getting magazines in the mail means cutouts for collages with son.