It’s another Tuesday, and that means another cheap but delicious meal. This time I made Mommy’s meat sauce. It’s cheap, easy and VERSATILE. You can add your own pureed veggies (broccoli, green beans, spinach, carrots, peas) and meat (ground beef, chicken, sausage, pork). Isn’t that great?
see…you don’t see the sauce, but the smell and taste is out of this world.
Can you see the steam rising off the sauce? What a hearty and healthy meal this will be.
He ate it all and asked for more! How great is that?
1 jar of sauce didn’t have a great sale 🙁 $2.50
1/4 cup of frozen broccoli and green beans $0.50
ground beef already divided package into thirds $1.17
box of store brand ziti $1.00
1. Puree 1/4 cup frozen veggies and add to pre-seasoned sauce
2. Season and cook ground beef until cooked half way though (still slightly pink)
3. Add to sauce and simmer until meat is fully cooked and sauce has delicious flavor
4. At the same time cook pasta
5. Serve meat sauce over pasta…
TOTAL COST $5.17
5 servings, COST PER SERVING $1.04