Five Minute Friday: ROOTS
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
I know who I am, I am strong and firmly planted in my beliefs and values. The roots of who I am and what made me who I am hold strong and steady. I will not change or be easily persuaded.
I didn’t always have strong roots, I was easily misguided or unplanted and I was never happy. As I matured, I realized what really nattered in life, what held me to who I was. Now I know, faith, family, and friends are what keeps my roots dug deep in the ground of life.
I hope my son will have the same strong roots. I hope he will stay steadfast and not give in to peer pressure or social pressure. I hope he will dig his heels in and hold onto the roots that make him who he is. I want my son to follow his beliefs and values, I want him to follow Him.
But if he ever tumbles or fall in high winds or mistakes, I will be there to help him dig deep and replant his roots, I will always be there for him, always holding on tight when he needs me.
1. What terrifies you the most? I am terrified of ghosts and spirits. I am terrified of the man living in our basement. I am terrified of evil spiders attacking us. I am terrified of driving in the snow. I am terrified of my son breaking a bone, I can’t handle broken bones. I am terrified of any harm coming to my son. I am terrified of my son being scared. Despite all that, I am pretty brave and will do anything to keep my son safe.
2. Favorite fall/winter drink? Oh in the fall there is nothing better than pumpkin and spices added to your teas or cider.
3. Do you and your spouse have the same political views? Depends on the issue, most times we agree. Other times he can’t understand my point of view as a woman and that is frustrating.
4. What was the last book you read? Was it any good? OMG I am currently reading, and by reading I mean books on tape, Tess Gerritsen, Rizzoli and Isle Series. It is GORY crime dramas that truly scare me but teach me to trust my instincts. (refer to question #1) The books are NOT for the faint of heart, but they are SO Good and addicting. I am currently reading the Keepsake…beyond amazing.
5. Do you look forward to the snow each winter? Why or why not? NO, I hate the winter as much as I hate the summer. It’s just too extreme of weather for me. I am always hot and then suddenly cold. I hate the snow, it terrifies me to drive in it (refer to question #1) and looks so nasty and dirty after a few days on the ground. In the summer I am always too freaking hot, I sweat like a faucet. I would love either fall or spring weather year round.