And now for this week’s sentence to finish: “If I were stuck on an island, I would like to have…”
And next week’s sentence to finish: ”This summer I plan to……”
Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!
Oh, and remember (pay close attention…this is the important one)…HAVE FUN!
Questions for Friday, May 3rd: (Special thanks to Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Megan (@megstidbits) from Tidbits from My World, Rachel (@RunningRachel) from Running Rachel, Mrs. Karen C (@Mrs_KarenC) from Dinosaur Superhero Mommy, and The Negs (@negs_ft_jackson) from The Negs-Relaxing at Fort Jackson for these 5QF question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so follow me on Twitter (@5crookedhalos) and/or like my Facebook page and watch for my Thursday
shout out plea for questions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)
1. What is your next home improvement goal? Since we rent, we don’t have a home improvement goal. Though I want to buy two hanging tiered metal baskets to use in the kitchen. I can use them to hold fruit on one side and my dishtowels and rags on the other. It will save counter and cabinet space in our tiny kitchen. I can’t take credit for this, it was my mother’s idea.
2. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be? No religious texts (ie Bible, Quran, Torah, etc, etc).. Wow tough question, only one book. It would have to be Bet Me by Jennifer Cruise. It was a difficult decision, but this book as a strong female character, positive body image, romance, great story line, and lemony goodness…what’s not to love? I was thinking out renting the audiobook again from the library, one of my favorites.
3. What is on top of your refrigerator? Since we have a tiny kitchen, I kind of relented and let my husband organize this space. It was a battle not worth fighting over AND the top of the old fridge gets so hot that nothing can really be stored on it anyway.
So we have
- basket with hubby’s favorite food containers that Dinosaur can’t reach (hubby can be a little anal over certain things)
- hubby’s little grills which make a big mess
- my collection of cookie cutters which I hardly use
- hubby’s water jug for only him I would NEVER use it…bleh
- and in the cabinet is too many coffee travel mugs…which next time FlyLady says we are in the kitchen zone, I am attacking that cabinet.
4. What are your favorite or most used phone apps? Having my favorite man and all the apps I use on a daily basis right at my fingertips. Of course I would have my cozi calendar…I LOVE that app. I have all our appointments, birthdays, zones from FlyLady, and added my own FlyLady list of detailed cleaning. It’s color codes, so as a visual learner, this is important. I also use the Weather Channel app, but only once a day…so it’s on the next page.
5. What’s the one thing you hate most about your spouses job? Oh boy, the snow removal is the thing I hate the most. Since he is a custodian, he has to go in when it’s horrific out and remove all the snow from the school. I hate it, I know it has to be done but I often worry about his safety driving in that snow before even the plow truck has cleaned our driveway. Thankfully he was a Jeep and it’s good in the snow, but I still worry. Then after removing snow he goes back to his regular scheduled hours, which is the second thing I hate.