This week @therobotmommy suggested the “ten things that you love that cost nothing”
1. Son’s hugs he may try to squeeze the life out of me and pull my hair from my scalp, but the love is there
2. Son’s kisses he kisses me, then offers more kisses, and more…
3. Son and hubby’s appreciation and love of a home-cooked meal when one or both LOVE my meals…such a great feeling. Makes me want to run up and down the street dancing to music in my head…okay…sorry, crazy moment
4. When son says “I Love You, Mommy.” out of the blue it just warms my heart when he professes his love for me without me asking
5. When my son says “please and thank you”. so happy to have such a respectful little man
6. Audio books, paperbacks, hardcovers, picture books, DVDs that we can borrow from the library and post on Goodreads everyone should take advantage of the library. It teaches kids to be responsible and return books and videos on time. Plus, you NEVER have to pay…ever…unless you are late.
7. Story time at the library, get to watch son intensely listen and participate with a book It’s one thing to read to him and watch him interact with me, but when I get to watch him listen to someone else…it really shows me how much he has learned
8. Finally getting into bed and feeling so wonderfully comfy not that I sleep the whole night or have a good night’s sleep
9. signing up for free samples and actually getting them in the mail. I always forget about it and about six weeks later…presto, it’s at my door. What a joy!
10. Witnessing or hearing about random acts of kindness. That just makes my day and gives me hope for a better world for my son.