So I was sick all weekend, actually I think I’ve been sick for two weeks, but slowly fought it off until my body gave up the fight and gave in to cold. I went through three boxes of tissues in four days and was starting to think that my brain fluid was leaking out of my nose. Thankfully my parents took Dino Saturday to Sunday to give me time to recuperate, but I still needed to take yesterday off from work and I’m glad I did. I am feeling better and can handle getting rid of this lasting cough. And yes, my brain is fine…well as fine as it can be now that motherhood has consumed most of it’s functions.
While sick I learned that
- I need to sleep more, but not sure how when hubby dog snore so loud. I may have to get a sleep machine for the living room so I can get some sleep, but then will I be able to hear if Dino calls me? Either way I NEED sleep.
- I need to stop stressing about my job. I have to accept that I am doing a great job and need to rely on my competence and skills…and of print all emails so I have a hard copy of everything.
- I need to exercise…not sure when I will find the time or energy…see sleep problem
Now onto the simple meal that EVERYONE loved. Sometimes it’s wonderful to have hot, slow-cooked meal waiting for you at home. Other times it’s better to just keep it simple and stick with the meal you know they will eat.
Our simple Dinner?
- Two boxes of mac and cheese (I substitute almond milk for regular milk and added shredded cheese)
- five chicken tenderloins and frozen veggies (marinated /seasoned and baked in the bast iron
Now before you scroll down the pics…
Yes, his shirt is off, he spilled water on his shirt and pants and insisted on taking them off. I will gladly let him eat in his underwear if he is happy to have the TV off and have a conversation with me about his day.
Yes, the mug of water is on the edge of the table, he keeps pulling it towards him and I keep moving towards the middle of the table…this goes on all through dinner.
Linking up with