Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week, 15 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.
Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:
- http://www.BakingInATornado.com Baking In A Tornado
- http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/ Spatulas on Parade
- http://stacysewsandschools.blogspot.com/ Stacy Sews and Schools
- http://dinoheromommy.com/ Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
- http://www.juiceboxconfession.com Juicebox Confession
- http://morethancheeseandbeer.blogspot.com More Than Cheese and Beer
- http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/ Confessions of a part-time working mom
- http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com Someone Else’s Genius
- http://sparklyjenn.blogspot.com/ Sparkly Poetic Weirdo
- http://www.crumpetsandbollocks.com Crumpets and Bullocks
- http://fbxadventures.blogspot.com FBX Adventures (In Parenting)
- http://elleroywashere.com elleroy was here
- http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com Climaxed
- http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com The Bergham’s Life Chronicles
- http://www.eviljoyspeaks.wordpress.com Evil Joy Speaks
My prompt is: Create a recipe that describes your blog (I so stole this from Circle of Moms and I’ve done it before).
It was submitted by: http://www.
What a great prompt!!!
Since I have been writing about healthy eating, this is perfect. You can check out my previous posts on my organic and NON-GMO meal plans HERE.
Then I have to think about my WILD 5yr old dinosaur at home and a hubby that is VERY picky and often chooses to eat the unhealthy foods.
Taking all this into consideration, my meal would be…EVERY PART OF THE MEAL WOULD BE MADE FROM ORGANIC AND NON-GMO FOODS
Homemade dinosaur chicken nuggets – I would ground raw chicken, some veggies, fresh herbs (cilantro, dill, and onion), and other spices. I would section the ground chicken mixture into balls then shape into various dinosaurs (of course my ability to create tyrannosaurus rex, velociraptor, spinosaurus, stegosaurus, triceratops, pterodactyl, and ankylosaurus would be spot on). Then I would amazingly and beautifully coat the shapes with panko and cococut shreds, bake at 350 for about thirty minutes and they would be PERFECT for any carnivorous dinosaur.
Couscous with carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli – using the dry couscous from the bulk section I would boil the couscous then leave on the side. Then I would coat the veggies in seasoning and fresh herbs (cilantro, dill, rosemary, and onion). After the veggies are cooked, I would mix them with the couscous and serve for any hungry herbivores.
Fruit Salad- Depending on what they have already cut at Whole Foods, or I would cut them myself. I would have Dino’s favorite fruits right now…pineapple, cantaloupe, and watermelon. Though they should be eaten carefully…as they are dinosaur waste.
Lemon and lime flavored water – we all need to drink, why not some stinky dinosaur pee?
I think Dino would get a huge kick out of eating like a carnivore and herbivore. Even better as he gets to eat dinosaur poop and pee…what boy wouldn’t get a HUGE kick out of having a dinner like that!
Perhaps one day I will do this…and post about it. Perhaps this summer would be the perfect time to experiment with making homemade chicken nuggets?
What do you think? Would you like to eat at our house?