All recipes and meals are made with organic, real food and/or NON-GMO products.
Baked Chicken and Fingerling Potatoes with Mushrooms
~ chicken legs
~ olive oil and seasoning of choice and turmeric
1. coat cast iron skillet with olive oil or butter
2 coat chicken, mushrooms, and potatoes with seasoning and olive oil (I am adding turmeric because of it’s immunity power…learn about it HERE)
3. place on cast iron skillet and layer with cheese
4. bake at 350 until chicken is cooked
6. Dino LOVED it… but forgot to get a pic of him eating.
Brown Rice, Sausage, and Veggies
~ brown rice
~ apple chicken sausage
~ veggies of your choice (I chose spinach, peas, carrots, and corn)
~ seasonings of your choice (I chose turmeric, curry, and Italian blend)
~ olive oil, butter
~ cook brown rice according to directions, I added some extra butter
1. cook brown rice according to directions, I added some extra butter
2. After boiling and now simmering, add in cut sausage and veggies
3. add some more water, cover and let simmer until rice is ready.
4. Dino loves rice mixes and I love that I make them from scratch.
Roasted Chicken with Veggies
~ whole chicken
~ potatoes and sweet potatoes
~ olive oil and seasoning...I added turmeric again to my seasoning…
1. coat chicken with olive oil and seasoning
2. marinate veggies
3. Place everything in a cast iron skillet
4. bake at 350 until chicken is cooked through
5. WHOA!!! This rocked! Dino said he was eating like a pirate and even hubby loved it! Plus we had leftovers for chicken salad if we needed it with the upcoming storm.
LEFTOVERS: Chicken Gravy casserole
~ leftover chicken and veggies
~ shredded cheese
~ homemade gravy
1. place chicken and veggies on cast iron skillet
1. pour gravy on top
3. Sprinkle cheese on top of gravy
4. cover and bake at 350 for about twenty minutes
Dino couldn’t eat this fast enough!
~ apples cut in half with slices
1. cut apples and make slice marks for the butter and honey to melt into
2. mix cinnamon with flour and put on side
3. melt butter and mix with honey
4. pour melted butter and honey mix on top of apples
5. sprinkle flour mixture on top
6. bake at 350 for about twenty minutes
eat and enjoy…we loved them.
Yes, buying organic/NON-GMO is expensive. Until there is a big change in food production and what consumers buy, healthy choices will always be more expensive. If you want to start small with organic…here are some great tips.
How to eat organic on a budget. Practical ways to eat well when you can’t afford organic. Dear Mom who can’t afford organic.
Products that participate in and are NON-GMO can be found here
LINKING UP WITH: