Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.
At the end of this post you’ll find links to the other blogs featuring this challenge. Check them all out, see what words they got and how they used them.
I’m using: ice cubes ~ intercept ~ bribing ~ unbelievable ~ Andy Warhol
They were submitted by: http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch
Currently renting a small, 950 square foot apartment, space gets tight and personal decorating style is limited. There are times I miss our former condo with its high ceilings, dark brown walls, and brightly colored accents. In contrast our current apartment has bland white walls and we are limited to temporary furniture to organize. The one small closet in our bedroom is the toughest part, which is why I am thinking of getting a tall shoe organizer. This will enable us to have more space in our bedroom closet. Next to the shoe organizer I’ll place a tall drying rack that allows for clothes to be put on hangers. This will save floor space and I think look cleaner in a small bedroom. Finally I bought one set of hangers with hooks, I plan to buy another set when I get my first September paycheck. Using these hangers will give me more space in my closet and allow me to organizer clothes by sets.
That’s great for the organizing, but what about the decorating you ask. I know it’s unbelievable, but often my hubby will try to add a movie poster or sports plaque to our home. Can you imagine? Thankfully I’ve been able to keep them hidden in the bedroom and
the garage his man cave. There has been bribing on his part to allow these posters, but I always win. If it was up to him, I’d probably have Godfather characters in an Andy Warhol type paintings all over the living room. Not that I have anything against his art, it’s just not my style.
I prefer casual and cozy, with lots of different colors and furniture. I like when pieces don’t match, but they look good all mixed together. Dark colors such as deep browns, oranges, blues, greens, and maroons are what I love to see all around me. For now that is what our accents will have to be. Those colors can be seen in our curtains, throws, pillows, wall clings, and AJ’s art. I think hubby prefers more a modern look, with bare minimum expect for all his movie and sports details…which is NOT happening. I have been able to intercept most of his crazy, awkward, or insane ideas.
Tough the one thing I can not stop is all the little things he does to aggravate me. You ladies know what I mean. The endless emptying of the ice cubes and and never refilling the tray, taking butter off the top instead of at the end so it looks like a boat, his eating unhealthy snacks in front of our son before dinner, or his plan to ignore any mess, dirt, or grime since he knows I will eventually clean it up.
I know I have my habits that annoy him too, but that’s for
Links to the other “Use Your Words” posts:
- http://www.BakingInATornado.com Baking In A Tornado
- http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/ Spatulas on Parade
- http://themomisodes.com The Momisodes
- http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com The Bergham’s Life Chronicles
- http://stacysewsandschools.blogspot.com/ Stacy Sews and Schools
- http://www.southernbellecharm.com Southern Belle Charm
- http://dinoheromommy.com/ Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
- http://sparklyjenn.blogspot.com/ Sparkly Poetic Weirdo
- http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com Someone Else’s Genius
- http://batteredhope.blogspot.com Never Ever Give Up Hope
- http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/ Confessions of a part-time working mom
- http://www.thediaryofanalzheimerscaregiver.com/blog.html The Diary of an Alzheimer’s Caregiver
- http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com Searching for Sanity
- http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com Climaxed
- http://www.JuiceboxConfession.com Juicebox Confession
- http://www.clutteredgenius.com Cluttered Genius
- http://www.angrivatedmom.wordpress.com The Angrivated Mom