Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week, 16 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.
Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:
- http://www.BakingInATornado.com Baking In A Tornado
- http://themomisodes.com The Momisodes
- http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com The Bergham’s Life Chronicles
- http://stacysewsandschools.blogspot.com/ Stacy Sews and Schools
- http://dinoheromommy.com/ Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
- http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/ Spatulas on Parade
- http://sparklyjenn.blogspot.com/ Sparkly Poetic Weirdo http://www.southernbellecharm.com Southern Belle Charm
- http://www.angrivatedmom.wordpress.com The Angrivated Mom
- http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch Confessions of a part time working mom
- http://thelieberfamily.com The Lieber Family Blog
- http://www.clutteredgenius.com Cluttered Genius
- http://www.thediaryofanalzheimerscaregiver.com/blog.html The Diary of an Alzheimer’s Caregiver
- http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com Someone Else’s Genius
- http://houseofjchronicles.blogspot.com/ House of J Chronicles
- http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com Climaxed
My subject is “Write a story about a child afraid of werewolves in his/her closet.”
It was submitted by: http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com
- “Mommy! I’m scared.”
- “Mommy, Mommy, Mommy.”
- “Mommy, help me.”
- “Mommy, there’s a werewolf in my closet.”
- “Mommy, I’m scared of the movie Daddy showed me. The man who melted will come after me.”
- “Mommy, the movie Daddy showed me had goblins. I’m afraid the’re in my room.”
- “Mommy! There’s a monster hiding in my room.”
- “Mommy, please stay with me. I’m scared and can’t sleep.”
Every few nights, it’s the same thing. Poor AJ was too scared to be alone in his room. Poor AJ was terrified to wake up and be alone. He wanted his mommy to sleep with him till he fell asleep and sleep with him the entire night.
While this mommy loves her little boy to the moon and back, she can not sleep with her son all night. She saves those nights for when he’s desperately sick or on vacation. She stays with him till he falls asleep, often falling asleep herself then waking up about an hour later. Then begins the difficult task of applying mom-ninja moves to get out of a squeaky boy bed. Sometimes he stays asleep, other times she fibs and says she has to go to the bathroom and will be back…but she knows he goes back to sleep, then other times he wakes up and keeps calling for her or follows her to the bathroom. Those nights she knows he’s is NOT getting to bed at a decent time.
Where is Daddy in all of this? Well he’s either working or relaxing in bed. Don’t get too mad at him though. The little boy does not want Daddy to put him to bed, he wants his Mommy. See they have a special bedtime routine. First they read a few books then they do the One, Two, Three talk.
What’s is the One, Two, Three talk?
ONE thing we didn’t like about today. TWO things we did like about today. THREE things we hope for tomorrow. Mommy is trying to get her little man to think beyond himself when thinking of three things to hope for.
This Mommy knows she shouldn’t complain too much, because in just a few years this boy will no longer need his mommy. She will long to crawl into his bed and comfort him, but he won’t need her. Even with annoyance and exhaustion, she wants to hold onto these sweet and precious moments for as long as she can. No she does not want him to be scared, but she wants him to always need mommy’s hugs, kisses, and comfort. She wants him to know this mommy will always slay any monsters, dragons, werewolves, goblins and scary movie characters. This mommy will always protect her son.