Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 16 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.
Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes
- htttp://www.BakingInATornado.com Baking In A Tornado
- http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/ Spatulas on Parade
- http://followmehome.shellybean.com Follow me home
- http://www.menopausalmom.com/ Menopausal Mother
- http://batteredhope.blogspot.com Never Ever Give Up Hope
- http://www.justalittlenutty.com/ Just A Little Nutty
- http://themomisodes.com The Momisodes
- http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com Someone Else’s Genius
- http://dinoheromommy.com Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
- http://www.angrivatedmom.wordpress.com The Angrivated Mom
- http://nicholemomof8.blogspot.com/ Nichole Mom of 8
- http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com Searching for Sanity
- http://www.clutteredgenius.com Cluttered Genius
- http://eileensperpetuallybusy.blogspot.com/ Eileen’s Perpetually Busy
- http://www.southernbellecharm.com Southern Belle Charm
- http://www.gomamao.com Go Mama O
- Mommy: AKA Karen, me…the wife and mom
- Daddy: AKA Tony, husband and dad
- AJ – our only child, a 6 year old boy who thinks he knows it all and is the one in charge
As I’m trying to leave for work in the morning, I have to tell hubby something important. AJ isn’t having any of that as he feels his thoughts and ideas must be heard over ours.
AJ: “Mommy I need to talk to you.”
Mommy: “Okay but let me tell Daddy something quickly.”
AJ: “No, Mommy. Focus! Focus on me!”
Mommy: “When you help me around the house it makes me very happy” In response to AJ cleaning up what he dropped on the floor.
AJ: “Really? Wow!” Is he happy that he helped me or shocked that I’m so pathetic?
AJ: “I’m hungry.”
Mommy: “Well you just had cookies.”
AJ: “Well, can I have a banana at least?”
Mommy: “Yes, you can always have fruit.”
AJ: waves me off “I’ll get it, you sit right there.”
AJ: “I’m looking for a show. I don’t remember the name. There’s a witch, cat, dog, broom, and dragon. It teaches you to be friends and fix things.”
After searching through Netflix for about ten minutes we found it…Room on the Broom. It’s a cute book and short movie.
AJ started school one week before me. I love putting him on the bus for those few days as I normally only do pick up. The first week the buses are adjusting to their routes and traffic, so they can be a little late. AJ was tried of waiting so he decided to rest.
AJ: sighs loudly “Where is this bus? I’m tired of waiting. I have things to do.”
Daddy and Mommy:
One morning the frozen bag of pancakes I made is NOT in the freezer. How can that be? I thought I was going mad. Could AJ have eaten the remaining ten pancakes? After hours of searching, I find them in the fridge next to the vitamins. Hubby is the culprit, I know it!!!!!
I nicely asked hubby but he denied it up and down. To show hubby I wasn’t picking on him, AJ was questioned as well. Not that I want to be mean, but they need to be in the freezer so they can last longer.
AJ: “No, Mommy. It wasn’t me. Why would I do that?”
Later on, hubby admitted he might have done that by accident. I wasn’t too harsh on him, we all make mistakes. Heck, I’ve left out a HUGE batch of chicken quesadillas and chicken soup. I thought I’d let them cool off only to wake the next morning and have to toss it all out.