Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.
At the end of this post you’ll find links to the other blogs featuring this challenge. Check them all out, see what words they got and how they used them.
I’m using… ghost ~ secret ~ Halloween ~ pumpkin ~ cool
They were submitted by: http://www.renasworld.com
Fall is my favorite time of the year; the colors, sounds, smells, and the weather. One thing I don’t like is all the pumpkin flavor for everything. A few years ago it was nice to see a few pumpkin flavors, but now it’s EVERYWHERE and more than half of the time it’s not real…just chemicals made to taste like pumpkin.
AJ wasn’t sure what he wanted to be for Halloween. He told me he wanted to be something cool and scary, I’m sure he picked this up from the other kids. He’s definitely out of the cute stage and into the cool stage. I just hope he knows, and that I taught him well, that being yourself is cool.
So off we wen to the party store in town in search of the “perfect” costume. I was sure he’d choose a zombie, ghost, or monster; but then he’d have to wear a mask and he would NEVER make it more than ten minutes with it on. In the end, he was torn between Indiana Jones and a green ninja….the green ninja costume won out in the end.
Now, what about my costume? Any suggestions or ideas? Nothing sexy or revealing…I want to be COVERED UP and warm.
So a few weeks ago I posted this on Facebook.
“So the cleaning lady we had flaked out on us. Decided to not find a replacement and save money. I know I am crazy, but saving money is more important than a super clean apartment.
Wish I had saved that cleaning schedule…do I create another one or just wing it? I HATE cleaning.”
I used to have a very detailed cleaning schedule years ago. it was so detailed that every day of the month had a specific thing to do. Instead of going back to that craziness, I searched all the cleaning schedules and created one that works for us. It’s no secret that I thought Hubby would laugh at my cleaning schedule, but he’s happily helping out. he does live here and wants to have a happy wife.
The great part is that if we clean out the microwave and toaster, the next week we can skip that and clean out the fridge. Or if the blinds and doors are still clean from last week, we can skip that day and relax. Having a chore that last the whole month makes life easier too, we have time to get to it and don’t feel rushed or over worked.
I’m more than happy to share, click on the cleaning schedule to download and then you’ll be able to edit it to your liking.
Links to the other “Use Your Words” posts:
- http://bakinginatornado.com Baking In A Tornado
- http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/ Spatulas on Parade
- http://themomisodes.com The Momisodes
- http://sparklyjenn.blogspot.com/ Sparkly Poetic Weirdo
- http://www.southernbellecharm.com Southern Belle Charm
- http://www.renasworld.com/ Rena’s World
- http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch Confessions of a part time working mom
- http://batteredhope.blogspot.com Never Ever Give Up Hope
- http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com Someone Else’s Genius
- http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com Searching for Sanity
- http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com Climaxed
- http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com/ The Bergham Chronicles
- http://www.angrivatedmom.wordpress.com The Angrivated Mom
- http://eileensperpetuallybusy.blogspot.com/ Eileen’s Perpetually Busy