Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 16 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.
Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes
- http://www.BakingInATornado.com Baking In A Tornado
- http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/ Spatulas on Parade
- http://followmehome.shellybean.com Follow me home http://www.menopausalmom.com/ Menopausal Mother
- http://batteredhope.blogspot.com Never Ever Give Up Hope
- http://themomisodes.com The Momisodes
- http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com Someone Else’s Genius
- http://eileensperpetuallybusy.blogspot.com/ Eileen’s Perpetually Busy
- http://www.southernbellecharm.com Southern Belle Charm
- http://www.angrivatedmom.wordpress.com The Angrivated Mom
- http://www.gomamao.com Go Mama O
- Mommy: AKA Karen, me…the wife and mom
- Daddy: AKA Tony, husband and dad
- AJ – our only child, a 6 year old boy who thinks he knows it all and is the one in charge
What did AJ say????
Walking in from a birthday party that Daddy took him to. He runs up to me with doughnuts in hand. “Daddy got me the munchkins, but here’s the thing.” with hands up in the air gesturing away “I only had three bites of cake.”
While in the bathroom I hear AJ say. “Aaaaah pooping is great.”
“I wish every day was a half day.”
“So we can come home and have fun.”
“Sorry, but that’s life. We all have responsibilies. I wish I could stay home and still get paid.”
“You need to leave your socks on, it’s cold.”
“No, my piggies need to breathe.”
AJ woke one day at 5:30. WHY? Well he’s an early bird, but that’s a post for another day. That morning he said he needed to get up so he could work on his invention-a double pencil. He taped two pencils together and used it to draw and erase. What he was drawing was pretty cool and he was excited he could erase even faster with two erasers. I wanted to ask how he was going to sharped them…then was afraid he might try to invent a double sharpener.
AJ was being silly and not listening in karate. He told Sensei that he missed his Daddy who is always at work.
Sensei replied, that his daddy works so AJ can have the things he enjoys. He should thank his daddy for working. Before Sensei could finish, AJ blurts out….”My daddy is stronger than you.”
Sensei held back a laugh, smiled, and said “I bet he is.”
I got glasses for driving and watching movies at a distance. I always wanted glasses, I know I’m weird. Maybe in a few years I’ll need to wear them all the time.
AJ had three half days at school for parent-teacher conferences. One day I left early, the day I had to meet with the teacher. I told AJ we would have a lovely mommy and son lunch date. I really enjoyed that time with him. I told him we have to do it more often.