Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week, 15 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.
Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:
- http://www.BakingInATornado.com Baking In A Tornado
- http://themomisodes.com The Momisodes
- http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/ Spatulas on Parade
- http://sparklyjenn.blogspot.com/ Sparkly Poetic Weirdo
- http://www.southernbellecharm.com Southern Belle Charm
- http://www.renasworld.com/ Rena’s World
- http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com/ The Bergham Chronicles
- http://batteredhope.blogspot.com Never Ever Give Up Hope
- http://www.angrivatedmom.wordpress.com The Angrivated Mom
- http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com Someone Else’s Genius
- http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch Confessions of a part time working mom
- http://thelieberfamily.com The Lieber Family Blog
- http://www.JuiceboxConfession.com Juicebox Confession
- http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com Climaxed
My subject is: what is a nice surprise that you recently got?
It was submitted by: http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch
Well I had a few ideas for this post but changed it at the last minute. Why? Well we have two new additions to our family.
I kept pressuring hubby that we needed to adopt another dog for AJ after our sweet Balboa passed away over a year ago. We knew it would be hard to adopt because of our small apartment and wild boy, but an opportunity arose.
My BIL knew a guy who runs a dog rescue and Tony took the trip with him to see if there were any adoptable dogs. Turns out there was.
He didn’t come home with one dog. NO! He came home with two dogs! TWO! That’s right two rescued and bonded rat terriers. Two dogs that were rescued the day before Thanksgiving. Two dogs that were set to be drowned because they were leftovers from a puppy sale. Two dogs that have made my son happy.
Did hubby tell me he was adopting two dogs? NOPE. But he said he couldn’t leave one behind, he said Rambo looked miserable without Bonus. Having two dogs changes EVERYTHING. Having two dogs who are somewhere under a year old changes everything.
We have to
- start crate training again
- start command training
- rearrange our schedules
which sucks with two dogs…but I am determined. Does anyone have any advice or tips?
I am stressed and sick, but know once this crazy stage is over the outcome will be grand. Our son will have two dogs who he grew up with. He is already calling them his brother and sister. I know months down the road he will be happily playing with them in his room or we’ll all take long walks and maybe even teach them really cool tricks.
I’m hoping once the training stage is over they will be okay to lay on the couch when we are not home. The tough part is that I doubt they were ever spoken to…which is going to make command training even more difficult. As of yesterday I have taught Rambo to sit and Bonus follows allong not wanting to miss out. Of course he still looks for a treat, but consistency will make it a habit and soon he will sit because I told him to.
I told AJ that eventually we can train them with all sorts of commands and even have them do tricks. AJ wants to teach them, as if they are his students and he is the teacher. I told him that is a possibility in a few months time.