Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week, 14 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.
Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:
- http://www.BakingInATornado.com Baking In A Tornado
- http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com/ The Bergham Chronicles
- http://www.thediaryofanalzheimerscaregiver.com/ The Diary of an Alzheimer’s Caregiver
- http://www.southernbellecharm.com Southern Belle Charm
- http://notthatsarahmichelle.blogspot.com Not That Sarah Michelle
- http://mybrainonkids.net My Brain on Kids
- http://thelieberfamily.com The Lieber Family Blog
- http://batteredhope.blogspot.com Never Ever Give Up Hope
- http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com Someone Else’s Genius
- http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/ Confessions of a part time working mom
- http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/ Spatulas on Parade
- http://www.angrivatedmom.wordpress.com The Angrivated Mom
- http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com Climaxed
My subject is: What do you do when you are in a public place and see someone treating a waitress/cashier, etc. rudely? Do you do/say anything or just wish you did?
Most often I want to just scream WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH YOU???? Hell, I want to scream that a few times each day. I usually just scream it in my head and wish I could be like Nilma from Raising Helen. Wouldn’t it be great if we could do that every time someone is rude, smug, arrogant, or takes advantages of others.
I usually just make snarky comments about the situation to the person who was verbally attacked.
Both Tony and I have said, out loud, to wait staff, clerks, and cashiers how bad we feel for them or can’t believe they were treated like that. We don’t speak directly to the crazy people. You just never know these days, but passive-aggressive, snarky comments always work.
Sometimes Tony will make ask for an insane favor or just say I thought it was your job to do be treated that way, to make the person laugh and try to make them feel better.
I normally am a nice person, despite what Tony may say. I try to treat everyone respectfully. The problem is my inner thoughts and feelings show on my face. I really can’t hide I feel, because it’s written all over my face. Outraged, angered, confused, amused, curious, or surprised…you can see it all.
Or maybe I can be like Mrs. Weasley and destroy all the crazies? Love her crazy, mama bear, don’t mess with me face at the end.
If my son was in charge, he’d sing this all day.It’s pretty darn true. I should start singing this when people are rude.