Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 13 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.
Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes
- Baking In A Tornado http://www.bakinginatornado.com/2016/04/fly-on-wall-can-you-count-to-one.html
- Juicebox Confession http://www.juiceboxconfession.com
- Menopausal Mother http://www.menopausalmom.com
- Someone Else’s Genius http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com/2016/04/the-fly-has-flown-coup-mylife-ataglance.html
- Spatulas on Parade http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/2016/04/walnut-energy-bites-and-fotw-april-2016.html
- Searching for Sanity http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com/2016/04/april-fly-on-wall-facts-of-life-edition.html
- Never Ever Give Up Hope http://batteredhope.blogspot.com
- Not That Sarah Michelle http://notthatsarahmichelle.blogspot.com
- Southern Belle Charm http://www.southernbellecharm.com
- My Brain on Kids http://mybrainonkids.net
- Go Mama O http://www.gomamao.com
- The Angrivated Momn http://www.angrivatedmom.wordpress.com/
Mommy: AKA Karen, me…the wife and mom
Daddy: AKA Tony, husband and dad
AJ – our only child, a 6 year old boy who thinks he knows it all and is the one in charge
Bonus – our sweet and lovable adopted rat terrier puppy
While AJ’s building with Legos… “These are bad guys and this is their hangout. They have fun and make bad decisions”.
AJ was walking with me as I walked Bonus. I told him he would be too tired after being at the playground for two hours. Of course his exhaustion hit him half way into the walk.
“Is there anywhere I can lay down?” Then proceeds to sit on the sidewalk as Bonus does her business.
I was trying to help him with his seat belt issues he was having. Tony was driving so I couldn’t lean back and across like I normally do. “Don’t worry, Mommy. I have my ways.” Apparently he does, but he fixed it all on his own.
Comes out of his room as Tony was grilling burgers and hot dogs. “Are you grilling? I love these days. It smells so good.”.
Anthony saw me watching a movie about a couple getting married.
Mommy: “Why ewwwww?”
AJ: “Because I don’t like that stuff.”
Mommy: “Oh that’s right. You don’t like kisses and marriage.”
AJ: “I’m only into shooting stuff.”
He stayed over his Aunt Julieann and Uncle Adam’s house when we celebrated our anniversary dinner out. In the past he refused to eat eggs, but after Uncle Adam introduced him to a frittata, he loved it. So I had to get the exact directions and made “Adam’s eggs” for him.
Poor guy got sick with strep throat, so he only made it to one day of Karate Jedi Camp. Thankfully between my dad and the sitter, he is in good hands. According to AJ…
“The best thing about being sick is getting lots of fruit and ice pops.”
AJ & Bonus:
AJ had off this week, but Tony and I didn’t, so AJ spent three days with my parents on his “own vacation” and Bonus was with pet sitter. Needless to say both had LOTS of fun.
Such a spoiled little girl. All the extra attention has worn her out and she just fell asleep while I rubbed her belly.