This recipe came from HelloFresh meal delivery. We decided to use this service every four weeks. So after three weeks of slow cooked meals, the fourth week will provide us with some new recipes and flavors!
I only had to use my cast iron pot and skillet for this…and LOTS of bowls
- Tenderloin Steak Tips 16 oz
- Basmati Rice 1 1/2
- Cup Scallions 4
- Green Beans 12 oz
- Red Bell Peppers 2
- Garlic 2
- Lemongrass 1
- Stalk Cornstarch 2 T
- Soy Sauce 1) 2) 4 T
- White Wine Vinegar 2 T
- Sugar 1 T not provided
- Oil 2 t not provided
NEXT TIME I MUST PREPARE ALL INGREDIENTS BEFORE I START COOKING…THIS WAS SO INSANE TRYING TO COOK AND PREP.
- Prep: Wash and dry all produce. Bring 3 cups salted water to a boil in a medium pot. Trim the ends of the scallions, then thinly slice. Trim the ends of the green beans, then cut into 1-inch pieces. Core, seed, and thinly slice the bell peppers. Mince or grate the garlic. Add the rice to the boiling water, cover, and reduce to a low simmer for 15- 20 minutes, until tender.
- Prep the lemongrass: Trim the ends of the lemongrass, then peel off the outer layers until you get to a rubbery core. Finely mince the core.
- Cook the steak: Toss the steak tips in a medium bowl with the cornstarch and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the steak to the pan and cook for about 1 minute per side, until browned but not yet cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Start the stir-fry: Heat another drizzle of oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, lemongrass, and scallion whites and cook, tossing for about 2 minutes, until softened. Add the green beans and peppers and cook, tossing for 5-7 minutes, until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finish the stir-fry: Add the steak, soy sauce, 2 Tablespoons vinegar, 3 Tablespoons water and 1 Tablespoon sugar to the pan. Cook, tossing, for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve: Fluff the rice with a fork. Serve the stir-fry over the rice, garnish with scallion greens, and enjoy!
AJ: He did not want it the the first night, but ate everything in his bowl the next night. TWO THUMBS UP!
Mommy:I I loved it! So tasty and really felt like I was sitting down to a meal at a restaurant. Never used lemon grass before, so this was fun and new.
Daddy: Never had any of it, not even for leftover. Said he forgot…well his loss is beef quesadillas for us! Leftovers RULE!