This recipe came from HOW SWEET IT IS . I set it up as a slow cooker freezer meal.
I took out the asparagus…because I just forgot it. I think I would cook the pasta separately, so I’m not having to be around for the last hour of cooking.
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces of uncooked ditalini pasta
- 1 cup of frozen sweet peas
- 1 (6 ounce) bag of fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup freshly grated romano cheese + more for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare and put the following ingredients in a freezer bag: onions, garlic, carrots, tomatoes, and beans.
- Mix peas and spinach in a separate freezer bag
- When ready to cook, defrost, and add first bag of items to slow cooker, plus the water and vegetable stock. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- For the last hour add pasta, then the last half hour add spinach and peas.
- top off with romano and serve
AJ: LOVED this soup
Mommy:I LOVED this soup
Daddy: Took it for lunch, hope he likes it.