This recipe came from Real Simple. I set it up as a slow cooker freezer meal.
I NEED to learn how to make smaller meals in the slow cooker. While one day of leftovers is great. Two or three days is boring and is usually a waste of food.
- 1/4cup tomato paste
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 1pound carrots—peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces, and halved lengthwise if thick
- 1pound baby potatoes (about 15)
- 1/2 bag of frozen white pearl onions
- 2stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 13-pound beef chuck roast
- salt and black pepper
- mix together the tomato paste, cornstarch, and 1 cup water.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, onion, and celery. and toss to combine.
- Season the beef with 1½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper and set on top of the vegetables.
- Cover and cook until tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve with the vegetables and cooking liquid.
AJ: Did not eat the meat, but ate every bite of onion and vegetable. He dunked bread in the broth, which he NEVER does…so he must have really liked it.
Mommy:I LOVED this soup, but now have too much left over.
Daddy: Took it for lunch, hope he likes it.