This recipe came from Real House Moms. I fixed the portions to only feed three people with leftovers. Most meals are for 6-8 eight people and leave us with too many leftovers. I rather make smaller meals and only have ONE day of leftovers
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 c beef broth
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 lb beef shoulder roast, trim the fat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 french bread rolls
- 12 slices of provolone cheese
- lay onion and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker
- in a small bowl combine the broth, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard
- pour broth mixture into the slow cooker
- rub the salt and pepper on all sides of the roast
- place on top of the onions
- place in the bay leaves into the broth mixture
- cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours
- remove the roast and shred the meat
- return the meat to the broth and cook for a few more minutes while you prepare the rolls
- slice the rolls in half, lengthwise and toast in the oven until golden brown
- remove from the oven and place the shredded meat on the bottom half of the roll and cover with two slices of provolone cheese and return the bottom of the sandwiches to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- remove and place the top of the bun on the bottom of the sandwich
- serve with a little bowl of the cooking juice to dip the sandwiches in
double or triple to make for more than 3-4 people
AJ: Ate half the sandwich, but with a loose tooth it gets a bit awkeard
Mommy:I LOVED this meal and plan on making it quite a bit! It was easy to make and yummy to eat.
Daddy: He had seconds!!!!
LOVING OUR NEW SLOW COOKER.
You can set it to cook for 2, 4, or 6 quarts…which makes all the difference in the world. With only just the three of us, it’s a wonderful and essential tool to have. Now instead of making huge dinners that produce too many leftovers that get thrown out., we only have enough leftovers for one day. No more wasted food.