I put this recipe together after picking ingredients in my house. I have heard of using cream of mushroom soup, but often found that bland. Then I saw the cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic and I knew I hit the jackpot.
Crockpot Creamy Garlic and Mushroom Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs with bones and skin
- 2 cans of cream of chicken mushroom with roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- seasoning of choice
- fresh, sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus
- 1/4 cup of sliced onions
- sprinkle chicken thighs with seasoning of choice, ((( I chose Goya seasoning)))
- lay the chicken thighs in the bottom of the crockpot
- mix water with cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup then pour over chicken
- layer mushrooms and onions on top
- sprinkle more seasoning on top
- We have a three-sized slow cooker. Set crockpot for 2 quarts, on low for 6 hours
- When only 30 minutes are left scoop out chicken thighs (((thighs will stay together if you scoop them out carefully))) and some of the mushrooms,
- Then add in the asparagus, making sure all the sauce is covering them
- Add cooked asparagus to chicken dish and serve
1. you can add different veggies instead of asparagus
2. you can add rice or couscous
3. We use a 3-sized crockpot. It is set to either cook at 2, 4, or 6 quarts.0.1http://dinoheromommy.com/2016/06/08/crockpot-creamy-garlic-and-mushroom-chicken/
AJ: LOVED IT, was afraid at first, but the flavors were perfection to him.
Mommy:OMG this meal is like heaven! It tasted so cremey and falvorful. This will be a family favorite as well!!!!
Daddy: Hoping he liked it and took it to work.
LOVING OUR NEW SLOW COOKER.
You can set it to cook for 2, 4, or 6 quarts…which makes all the difference in the world. With only just the three of us, it’s a wonderful and essential tool to have. Now instead of making huge dinners that produce too many leftovers that get thrown out., we only have enough leftovers for one day. No more wasted food.