Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.
At the end of this post you’ll find links to the other blogs featuring this challenge. Check them all out, see what words they got and how they used them.
wedding ~ disaster ~ loud ~ gardening ~ sunflowers
They were submitted by: http://www.thediaryofanalzheimerscaregiver.com/blog.html
Nothing like realizing the next day is the Use Your Words post and not only do you have nothing written, but you can’t find the email. Note that this is NOT the first time that has happened. I think Karen should start charging me for losing emails. Normally I do create the post as soon as I get her email, but there are times I am incredibly busy or lazy.
As I type this I am thinking what in the hell am I going to write up for the post? Then as I stare at the words, and keeping staring, take a drink of seltzer and keep staring all I can picture if a messed up wedding.
Now I am picturing my backyard garden…well sort of. Since we rent I can’t around gardening all over the property. Instead I create small gardens in plastic pools. I drill holes in the bottom to let out extra water and the plants and herbs flourish. I am really late in starting this. I need to get my but in gear. I really loved having fresh herbs and tomatoes. One day, down the road I woudl love to have a huge garden with big, bright sunflowers, lilies, daisies, and tulips. Don’t mock my flower choices!
Wasps! Yes I just typed the word wasp, it popped in my head so I typed it. Thinking of all these plants and herbs got me thinking about bees, then wasps, then the time Anthony got stung indoors. Before AJ’s karate teacher set up his own Dojo, we had to take classes out of the local rec center. I had thrown both our jackets on the floor to watch him during class. Then when it was over I held out his jacket for him to put on. All of a sudden he emits a loud scream of bloody murder, I pull off the jacket thinking it’s leftover hay from the weekend and a huge wasp flies out. What a disaster my poor baby is in horrible pain. I was so thankful to the parents who helped.
Never leave your jackets on the floor and if you do, ALWAYS shake them out. You just never know what has crawled or flew inside of them. It took him months to even look at that jacket again.
So there you go, a post that started out with no direction, lead into a garden and ended with AJ making it through a terrifying wasp sting.
Links to the other “Use Your Words” posts
- Baking In A Tornado http://www.bakinginatornado.com/2016/05/use-your-words-change-is-chocolate-cake.html
- Southern Belle Charm http://www.southernbellecharm.com
- Not That Sarah Michelle http://notthatsarahmichelle.blogspot.com
- Spatulas on Parade http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/2016/05/pig-on-pig-take-2-bacon-wrapped-pork.html
- The Diary of an Alzheimer’s Caregiver http://www.thediaryofanalzheimerscaregiver.com/blog.html
- My Brain on Kids http://mybrainonkids.net
- The Bergham Chronicles http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com
- Never Ever Give Up Hope http://batteredhope.blogspot.com
- Climaxed http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com
- Confessions of a part time working mom http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2016/06/use-your-words-cabernet.html
- The Angrivated Mom http://www.angrivatedmom.wordpress.com/