Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.
At the end of this post you’ll find links to the other blogs featuring this challenge. Check them all out, see what words they got and how they used them.
Your words are:
pennies ~ pocket lint ~ trapped ~ proper ~ back in black ~ munch
They were submitted by: http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com
Summer is almost over and that means back to work. Yes, a good thing because I need money, since this pocket lint will not pay the bills or buy groceries. Seems that we only keep saving pennies, not the big bucks we need to really build up a good nest egg.
It’s annoying to feel trapped by a money, feel trapped going to work everyday and and making just enough to pay bills. Just once I would like to have a good and proper nest, a cushion so we are not living paycheck to paycheck. Don’t get me wrong, we are in way living beyond our means, no we are cutting back on quite a bit. Is is wrong to dream of things going right just once in life?
I dream of sitting at home all day, munching on chocolate and cheese, while watching Criminal Minds, Murdoch Mysteries, Law and Order SVU, Bones, American Horror Story, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. In reality I need to get back in black or rather I should say slip on my Merrills and reactivate my Audible account.
Since that will NEVER happen, I will keep working and trying to save. I will keep using coupons and budgeting every aspect of our lives. Maybe just one day it will pay off.
Links to the other “Use Your Words” posts
- Baking In A Tornado http://www.bakinginatornado.com
- Southern Belle Charm http://www.southernbellecharm.com
- Spatulas on Parade http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/
- The Bergham Chronicles http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com
- The Diary of an Alzheimer’s Caregiver http://www.thediaryofanalzheimerscaregiver.com/blog.html
- On the Border http://dlt-lifeontheranch.blogspot.com/
- Confessions of a part time working mom http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/
- Sparkly Poetic Weirdo http://sparklyjenn.blogspot.com/
- Never Ever Give Up Hope http://batteredhope.blogspot.com
- Climaxed http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com