Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 13 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.
Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes
- Baking In A Tornado http://www.bakinginatornado.com/2016/05/fly-on-wall-flirting-101.html
- Juicebox Confession http://www.juiceboxconfession.com
- Menopausal Mother http://www.menopausalmom.com/
- Spatulas on Parade http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/
- Searching for Sanity http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com
- Southern Belle Charm http://www.southernbellecharm.com
- My Brain on Kids http://mybrainonkids.net
- Eileen’s Perpetually Busy http://eileensperpetuallybusy.blogspot.com/
Mommy: AKA Karen, me…the wife and mom
Daddy: AKA Tony, husband and dad
AJ – our only child, a 7 year old boy who thinks he knows it all and is the one in charge
Bonus – our sweet and lovable adopted rat terrier
Watching Kindergarten Cop
- The scene where the criminal dad is trying to get his son to remember him. “Look our hands are the same.”
AJ yells at the TV, “Hes stupid, everyone has the same hands. ‘
2. At the end of the movie AJ looks at me and says. “So basically he saved everyone. Good ending.”
“Yes, you are growing.”
“I’m growing like a beast.”
“My birthday is in two days. It’s literally like today.”
Went to the Yale Peabody Museum for his birthday and he LOVED it. He’s been there twice before, but loved showing his mommy and daddy around.
AJ loved his Star Wars birthday party. Since this is the last big party we are giving him, we wanted it to rock. We had Jocko the magician at the party and he was awesome. Anthony even did his opera singing, which the magician worked into his act.
AJ: “You’re so mean. You need to apologize to me right now.”(In response to not getting what he wanted and getting a punishment for acting out)
Mommy: “Glad you think I’m mean and no I am not going to apologize for being a parent. I love you too much to let you act like this and turn into a jerky adult.”
Soemtimes he will call my mother “Mommy” since there are some similarities. My mother said it’s okay, I am your Mommy’s mommy.
AJ replied with, “I still can’t believe your my Mommy’s mommy.”
AJ & Bonus:
After Bonus dropped off by the sitter, the sitter said to me. “Boy this is one is a princess.”
It’s so true, Bonus will turn her nose up at lots of food, if it’s too big, too round, too crunchy, too square, too chewy, or is a dog treat or kibble. She will only eat canned dog food and all the chunks must be made into smaller pieces. If not she will bring them around the house and leave them on the couch and floor for us to deal with as punishment.
She will cry if she doesn’t get attention she thinks she deserves at the moment she wants it. As long as she is getting cuddled and can lick/clean AJ she is happy.