Monday, February 18, 2013
What is the most romantic book you’ve ever read?
For a while I read only gory crime dramas. I only wanted to read books that scared me to death and didn’t always have nice endings. But after reading the last book in a series and finding out that the main character was going to suffer from another horrific act, I couldn’t handle it. I knew something bad was going to happen and glad I found out rather than experience it while driving to work.
I NEEDED to read some chick lit, but didn’t want sappy or messed up endings. I am done with that. I came across Bet Me by Jennifer Cruise. It looked interesting, the plot of meeting over a bet, a misunderstanding, sounded plausible. Min is a man hater and Cal a womanizer. Or is there more to them than meets the eye. Watching them fight their attraction and fate, was swoon worthy. Watching them fall in love, despite hurtful family, critical friends, and evil exes made me believe in true love and fairy tales again.
My only complaint…she used “said” everytime someone spoke. I would have appreciated a couple of; sighed, asked, yelled, snorted, replied, growled, cried, screeched, sighed, or whispered mixed in there. Other than that, the dialogue was right on, I felt like I was part of their group, part of their circle and loved their happy ever after.
Oh and on a side note, Cal is a real man…any man that believes beauty is NOT a size, NOT a shape, but believes beauty comes from within is a keeper. Sexiness is being who you are and loving yourself.
Can’t wait to read more of her books.
10 tiny (or secret) things that bring you joy
1. Cadbury chocolate bars…but they also make me sick, so it’s a love/hate relationship. The taste and texture is just divine. No other chocolate will EVER compare.
2. Catching any of the Twilight movies on TV. I know I’m a grown woman, but I have bad thoughts about one of the vampires. Not the wimpt afraid to change the girl, but the bad vamp. If he was the lead character, the series would have been VERY different.
3. Getting an email alert that an audio book I put on hold at the library is available.
4. When my son looks at me out of the blue and tells me he loves me…it melts my heart.
5. Settling into bed at the end of the night. All the lunches are made for tomorrow, clothes set out and place fairly cleaned up. Such a BIG joy!
6. When eating out and the food comes. It always looks so delicious and I didn’t have to cook it. I LOVE when they place it in front of me!
7. When someone calls me Mrs……… I know I will be married 12 years in April, but it still makes me feel a sense of pride. Even though there are times I want to beat my hubby with a frozen leg of lamb, I still love being Mrs…….. Read the short story Lamb to the Slaughter by Roald Dahl. It’s about a wife getting away with murder…that’s where I got the frozen leg of lamb idea from. The last line is the best.
8. Sleeping till 6 in the morning. When Dino lets me sleep late it is a dream come true. Yes, that is late. I used to be a morning person before I had a child.
9. The perfect slice and subsequent slices of key lime pie, lemon meringue pie, or cheesecake. It’s heaven.
10. Going to the bathroom or taking a shower without an audience, whines, or questions.