All recipes and meals are made with organic, real food and/or NON-GMO products.
CHICKEN TENDERS AND POTATOES:
- marinate chicken with olive oil, coconut oil, water, and seasoning of your choice
- coat in bread crumbs
- place in well oiled cast iron skillet
- bake at 350 for about 30 minutes
- coat sliced potatoes in coconut oil and seasoning
- place in well-oiled cast iron skillet and cover
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes
RAVIOLI AND MEATBALLS WITH SAUCE:
- ground beef
- Whole Foods seasonings (Latin and BBQ seasonings)
- eggs, ketchup, and breadcrumbs
Ravioli and Sauce:
- frozen ravioli
- NON-GMO Whole Foods pasta sauce
CURRY RICE WITH SUN DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND VEGGIES:
- 1 cup brown rice
- curry seasoning and other seasoning of your choice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- butter and coconut oil (amount of your choice)
- put seasoning, butter, and oil in water and boil. Add in rice and boil, then simmer for about 50 minutes. Leave a bit of water in…for a “creamy tasty”
Sausage and Veggies:
- coat cast iron skillet with olive oil and a bit of coconut oil
- slice sausage into thin slices and throw in veggies of your choice
- mix all around to coat in oils
- sprinkle with seasoning of choice
- leave on medium heat until thoroughly heated/cooked
This was such a tasty dinner, had a nice flavor and kick without being too spicy. Dino ate every bite!
MASHED POTATOES AND CHICKEN:
- potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- seasoning of choice
- olive and coconut oil
- butter and milk
- coat potatoes with oils and seasoning and bake at 350 for thirty minutes
- after potatoes are cooked and soft, either mash by hand or in blender.
- because I season while baking, the flavor is locked in and has wonderful taste. The coconut oil also adds that extra flavor.
- two large boneless chicken breasts
- flour and seasoning of choice
- olive and coconut oil
- slice breasts into thin slices and marinate, then coat with flour
- quickly saute breasts on each side for thirty seconds…then cover and place in the oven and bake at 350 for twenty minutes
I seem to have lost my potato masher, so I put it in the blender which made it VERY thin. I prefer thick and bumpy mashed potatoes. Will have to try this and make sweet potato soup!!!!
CHOCOLATE CHIP, BANANA PANCAKES:
- pancake mix
- NON-GMO chocolate chips
- chocolate milk
- coconut oil
Dino likes to eat his plain, because they are just THAT good! The times he wants a syrup, we use an organic/NON-GMO jelly with fresh fruit and butter. I mix and microwave together to make a tasty and healthy “syrup”.
What is Dino drinking? R.W. Knudsen makes organic and NON-GMO juices. While I believe the best nutrients come from actual fruit, sometimes a kid just wants to drink juice. This is a juice I can safely give to my son.
Yes, buying organic/NON-GMO is expensive. Until there is a big change in food production and what consumers buy, healthy choices will always be more expensive. If you want to start small with organic…here are some great tips.
How to eat organic on a budget. Practical ways to eat well when you can’t afford organic. Dear Mom who can’t afford organic.
Products that participate in and are NON-GMO can be found here
LINKING UP WITH: