And now for this week’s sentence to finish: ”I blog because…”
And next week’s sentence to finish: ”…………..”
I needed to know I wasn’t alone.
When I first started blogging MANY years ago it was dedicated to my dog, Balboa. He was a puppy back then and it was from his point of view. There were many doggy mom and dad blogs and we all supported each other. Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Google Plus were NOT part of blogging. After my son was born, I started blogging about being a mom. That lasted for a few months, but it was all too much for me. I liked it, but didn’t really have a niche, didn’t know who I was.
When I was laid off my from teaching job a few years ago, I was scared, frustrated, and alone. I needed to vent and possibly look for work. I thought if I started blogging, I could make money, write books, sell products. Soon I just liked blogging, even after I got hired back, got laid off again, and then was hired by a similar company.
Now I find peace in knowing that…
some moms of only children also share my concerns
some moms of boys are scared by their wild little men, but also cherish their sons spirits and joy that the bond between a boy and his mom is like no other. some moms have toys all over and sometimes clutter and it’s okay
some moms cry, whine, drink wine, eat chocolate, or hide in the bathroom to make it through tough moments, we are only human
some moms have been through horrific moments, events, and periods and they made it through
some moms have been though infertility and are blessed with a miracle, while others are still praying to God for theirs
some moms work outside the home, some work at home, and others stay at home, in the end we ALL love and cherish our kids
some moms have partners that don’t help out at home and some do
some moms rock at cooking/backing, others rock at photography, others rock at art and crafts, others rock at singing…and we ALL rock at being moms
I could go on forever, but the point is I LOVE not being alone. I love knowing that whatever I write, I will be supported and understood. I know I will support, empathize, and understand other moms. I know we are all working hard to raise our kids in a scary world and want the best for them.
Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!
Oh, and remember (pay close attention…this is the important one)…HAVE FUN!
Questions for Friday, May 24th: (Special thanks to Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Brooke (@HallBro) from Brooke and Michael, Scott (@ThisDaddys_Blog) from This Daddy’s Blog, and yours truly for these 5QF question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so follow me on Twitter (@5crookedhalos) and/or like my Facebook page and watch for my Thursday
shout out plea for questions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)
1. Do you wake before the alarm or stay in bed until the last possible second? I am usually up about fifteen minutes before my alarm goes off, then I can’t go back to sleep, it’s just impossible for me. I lay in bed and try to relax. When I do get up, I get UP AND GO, I have no choice. I have to get ready for work and get Dino all set for his morning.
2. Who should get a baby shower? Is it just the first baby or all babies? In my opinion, just the first baby…but I would never tell anyone they couldn’t have a shower or criticize them for it. If our fate was different and we had a second child, I wouldn’t have a shower. I am sure we’d be sent gifts and clothes, but I’d use what we already have on hand. By the second baby, I would know what I needed and didn’t need and wouldn’t want too much clutter or junk.
I think instead of second showers, moms should get fresh cooked meals delivered to their house and monthly packages of diapers and wipes. That makes a great gift for a second baby, heck even a first baby.
3. How will you spend Memorial Day? Relaxing at home and trying to keep son busy. Maybe, walk around town, catch the parade, have a picnic if the weather is nice.
4. Do you have a Storm/Hurricane/Tornado/Fire plan for your kids, house..? Yes and NO. I have some things in a bag for an emergency. I need to restock and organize it. We have an OLD basement in the apartment we rent and it is NOT safe to stay down there. In an emergency, we could run down there to avoid being blown away or crushed. I’d rather hang in our bathtub with a mattress over my head, but that’s just me.
5. What is your favorite morning drink? Hmmmm, I guess it would be coffee, with flavored creamer. Before that I NEED to drink water to really wake me up.