Five Minute Friday: BARE
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.
Okay, as I type this I am watching my son play with dinosaurs and trying to keep him quiet in the morning. So I hope this post makes sense.
I have two friends, two good friends, two friends who know my deepest, darkest, weird, lovely, and amorous fantasies. They were there for me when I was scared and depressed, they were there for me when I needed positive Diva thoughts while going through IVF. They were there for me when I started the injections and filled my heart and soul with all the love and good thoughts in the world. I can bare my soul to them and know they will laugh in shock as they admit they feel the same way.
There is nothing they can tell me or show me that would make me run in fear. There is nothing they can do that would make me turn my back on them. They have bared their souls to me as well. We have shared secrets that would destroy us if they ever got out, but we hold onto them making us love each other more.
I wish I could see them more often, but no matter how much time passes…no time has passed at all. It’s as if we were just chatting yesterday, as if we are just finishing our conversation, just being who we are.
Without Cathy and Kit, I would NOT be the positive person I am. I would not be a mother, if I didn’t have their support through it all I would only be a shell of who I am. I owe them my life and love. They will always be a part of me.
1. What holiday do you wish did not exist? Valentines Day….it’s so annoying to me. It’s not a real holiday. I am so tried of the chocolate and flowers being advertised. I don’t want hubby to buy me anything special on this day, just treat me like gold every day and I’ll be happy. Spoiling me one day, is not love. Don’t get me wrong, I BELIEVE in love, I BELIEVE in romance, I BELIEVE in true LOVE and winning your love’s heart. Just do it EVERYDAY, not just on one day.
2. What is your favorite romance/love movie? I LOVE the movies Love Actually and The Holiday. When I watch these two movies I swoon and cry and renew my belief in true love. I renew my faith in love, hope, and goodness.
3. Do you make a big production out of celebrating Valentine’s Day? NOPE. We used to go out to dinner, then moved it to the weekend before or after. Now it’s a big deal for my son because it’s fun to watch Holidays through his eyes. I think the holiday is annoying, see question #1
4. What is something weird you did as a child? (or even now!) I talk to myself, well not just talk to myself. I have full conversations and pretend I am talking to other people. It’s strange I know and sounds psychotic, but it’s a great stress breaker and really works. Seriously!
5. What makes you love your husband, really LOVE him, you know since Valentines is coming up? Hmmmm…when plays with our son without being told. When he picks something up for me, that I REALLY like and not something he likes and wants me to like. When he says he’ll do something for me and ACTUALLY gets up and does it.When he picks up almond milk and buys two instead of one. It’s always the little things.