Linking up with
Grilled chicken, cheesy potatoes, hot dogs…OH MY
Hubby was in caveman mode as he grilled….wish I had gotten a picture of that, next time I will.
- thin sliced, skinless, boneless chicken breasts (marinated in goya seasoning)
- hot dogs
- I washed, cut, and marinated small red potatoes in goya and table mix seasoning
- baked in the oven at 350 for about thirty minutes
- when done, I let them cool off on stove top and sprinkled shredded mozzarella cheese on top
It was a BIG hit…EVERYONE ate their dinner…
Don’t let Balboa’s sad and hungry face fool you. He eats well around here. He gets not only dog food, but a little bit of hot dog, chicken, and potato. He would eat till his tiny stomach explodes.
For this week’s Listicles, Stasha’s hubby suggested this weeks list…Ten Favorite Meals
Okay, Both Hubby and I are going to list our TEN favorite meals. You can find all the meals I have previously posted about here
- Lasagna with buttered garlic bread
- Sicilian Pizza
- Bacon, egg, and home fries with buttered toast.
- Cheese burgers…with or without bacon
- Chicken cutlets
- Steak (medium well), potatoes, and vegetables
- Spaghetti with marinara sauce and meatballs
- Pasta and sausage
- Chicken Parmigiana with spaghetti
- Sausage and Peppers on a roll
- Nachos with all the fixings sans jalopenos
- Deep dish pizza with spinach, olives, and meatball
- Salad with all the fixings…oh I LOVE salads
- Tacos with all the fixings
- Muscles with linguini in a marinara sauce
- Medium rare steak with grilled zucchini, corn, carrots, apples, and pears
- Quesadillas with all the fixings
- Banana and peach french Toast and Ham
- Hummus and Guacamole mix with tortilla chips
- Pasta salad…any variety with any and all fixings
Do you see why it is so hard to plan meals with hubby. Dino seems to prefer foods form both our lists. Which list would you prefer?
linking up with
Linking up with
Turkey kielbasa, rice and beans, veggies, and salad:
- Kielbasa sauteed in cast iron skillet
- veggies sauteed in juices left over from kielbasa
- Zatarins rice and beans mix
- salad kit…though added the dressing after the pic…used only a little dressing.
Dino…Ate ALL the carrots, kielbasa (even asked for more thinking it was a hot dog), and
had 1 1/2 green beans
Hubby…was too stuffed to eat…maybe he’ll eat it later…he’s just as picky as Dino.
Mommy…I LOVED It…As you can see from my plate I gave myself smaller portions in an attempt to eat healthier. After I finished my dinner, I had more salad with dressing on the side.
Question for all you mommies out there….Do you pack lunches for school/daycare OR buy school at lunch? I know it might be easier in fall (when I return to work full time to just buy lunches)
Sometimes I give him hummus and crackers/ carrots, cold cut sandwich, or cheese and crackers…but it gets boring since he is a picky eater and often doesn’t eat what I give him. I provide him fruits, veggie sticks, pretzels, goldfish crackers, crackers/cheese, and hummus as snacks.
I know it saves money, but I feel I am buying more just to make lunch. I rather provide Dino with healthy snacks for school and buy him the lunch at daycare. They provide (pizza, chicken fingers with broccoli, macaroni with butter, baked zitit, mac and cheese, or grilled cheese) Usually he likes the chicken fingers, pizza, and buttered macaroni.
I normally post about meals on Tuesdays…but I thought today would be a good day for a change.
Sometimes Hubby will ask me to do something with almost no explanation or detail. I then have to pull the information out of him like I’m investigating a crime. At least I will be prepared for when Dino is a teenager and doesn’t want to talk.
WARNING: I am not responsible if any IQ levels or brain waves are disrupted and destroyed while reading this post. If you do find that you can’t think or feel extremely tired and at a loss for words…DON’T WORRY…normal brain function will return in about twenty minutes.
Hubby: “Can you scan something for me?”
Me: “Sure, put it on the scanner, the top near the arrow and let me know when you’re ready. Sitting on the couch waiting, and waiting, and waiting….“Did you do it yet?”
Hubby: “Yes.” thanks for telling me
Me: “Is it a document?”
Me: “What is it?”
Hubby: “A card.”
Me: “What type of card?” It could be an actual greeting card, business card, or index card….who knows with this man
Hubby: “A license.”
Me: Your license?”
Me: “What type of license?”
Hubby: “Boy scout license.”
Me: “Are there any pictures?”
Me: “Are there words?”
Me: “Okay, I’ll scan it as a jpeg then.”
BRAIN ACTIVITY ALL GONE …TOOK ME TWENTY MINUTES TO RECHARGE
I finally got it done, I could have explained to hubby that I needed to know that information to get the best scan…but that would have been over his head. He did after all need me to scan and email it to him. For those of you wondering, No I did not get up off the couch…I finally sat down after washing dishes and cleaning and was not going to get up again.
Don’t forget about the