It seems likes ages since I have posted…so many things have happened. So gather up near my cozy and warm fireplace while I tell you all that has happened.
1. I started my new job and had to get used to that new schedule and find time for work and blogging while still being a mom. I have been a stay at home mom, working mom, and part time working mom…all are so difficulty. I know there will always be arguments about who has it harder/easier…I can tell you that THEY ARE ALL HARD…but rewarding.
2. My second week of work and Hurricane Sandy hit and destroyed so many families and lives. We temporarily lost power and had to stay with my SIL and then my parents, but were VERY LUCKY that our home and and family/friends are all okay.
3. Of course then I get sick. With prior issues of bronchitis, chest infections and pneumonia my cold hits hard and fast. In fact I was so sick that I didn’t even want to open the computer. Tony always says he can tell when I am REALLY sick or tired…I don’t touch my laptop.
4. On Saturday we had to put new tires on my car, while we waited we had brunch at a diner. I don’t remember what I even ate I was so sick. When we finally got back home I fell on the couch and the rest of the day was a blur.
5. Dinosaur woke up at 4:45 on Sunday morning. I HATE FALL DAYLIGHT SAVINGS…HATE IT! Add that to my being sick and I felt like death.
6.On Sunday hubby took son to his parent’s house to give me a day to rest and boy did that HELP. I really needed that and by the end of the night I felt like a human again.
7. As I got ready for work Sunday night, I couldn’t find my keys. We have come to the conclusion, that in my deranged state of sickness on Saturday, I have no idea where I put my car/house keys. We looked everywhere, including the garbage. There is not one inch of apt I have not searched. We even bribed son with M&Ms to see if he put them somewhere.
8. Monday morning, as I got ready for work, I spotted a mouse…I almost flipped out. The funny thing is that our French Bulldog, Balboa was originally bred to hunt down mice…what does our dog hunt down???? Leaves and ants…But I still love him.
9. Monday afternoon/evening hubby and I checked the apt again, every flipping inch of it for my keys and put out a bunch of mouse traps. We even bribed son with M&Ms AGAIN. While I was feeling better Monday, I was so exhausted from all that was going on, that I just collapsed on the couch. I couldn’t sleep though, not with knowledge that mice were in my house. I am happy to say that the problem is over for now…but we have to make sure they don’t get back in.
Despite all that went on, I am thankful for a husband that is willing to load the basement up with traps and throw out filled traps. I am thankful to have a son that easily gets back into a routine after a few days. I am thankful to have a dog who may not hunt mice, but also doesn’t try to get the traps. I am thankful to have a hubby that will take our son out to let me rest. While I may get annoyed with him, he knows that I do a lot for our family and he knows when I NEED a break.
So here we are now, Wednesday afternoon and I am feeling better and on the computer again. What did I miss? How are all of you?