Dinosaur and I did TWO Guest Reviews that’s right 2
over at …
First we talked about the book Funny Farm by Mark Teague. GO CHECK IT OUT!
Mother Daughter Book Review is a great resource for any parent. There you will find tons of books that have been reviewed for you by real moms and their kids. Are you looking for a specific age group, well then MDBR is the right place. I know I check out her blog before I borrow books from the library. So what are you waiting for? Head on over, read my reviews and check out all their fabulous resources and reviews. You just may find your child’s next favorite book there.
As you may realize about me already, I like to create my own forms. I have one for my budget and now need it more than ever that I am unemployed. I created my on an excel spreadsheet.
I love using excel, I can create formulas to add or subtract amounts of money. I put in FALSE amounts of money, wishful thinking, so you can play around with the sheet and see how it works. I really like using excel for my budget, I can add a sheet for each month and then create a chart to see how much money I have spent on certain items in a year. Pretty cool, right?
Click HERE FOR SPREADSHEET
Hubby doesn’t budget, no matter how hard I convinced him. He has his set ways doing things…spending money and paying bills, then complaining when he suddenly has no money for another bill or something of equal importance. But, if it works for him then who am I to complain, LOL *rolls eyes*
What do you use for your budget? Do you budget?
Don’t forget about this awesome backpack giveaway…it ends on the 15th.
How are you doing with your cleaning schedule? I’m a little BEHIND…Dinosaur was in such a mood yesterday, so I have double chores to catch up on. Thankfully he’s in school today.
I had to delete and repost, comment luv was not showing again…So, now onto the post. I was nominated for the Liebster Award
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say “you’re doing a great job”. It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it’s also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person(s) who nominated you. You pass the Award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions. You’re not allowed to nominate the blog(s) who nominated you! (To get the button, right click the picture on my page and save the picture to your computer. You can then upload to your blog.)
Thank you so much to Melissa at Adventures with Construction Destructo for nominating me for this award! I really appreciate it.
Random facts about me:
1) I have a younger sister
2) I can handle reading gore but can’t watch it
3) I can handle reading gory crime dramas, but can’t read about ghosts
4) I love cooked peppers in food, but can’t stand them raw.
5) I originally wanted to be a Spanish teacher, but they didn’t offer it as a college major anymore
7) I used to regularly camp with hubby, but afraid to take Dinosaur just yet
8) Hubby and I lived a few blocks away from each other, but didn’t meet till college
9) I curse way too much, it’s a bad habit
10) I often sleep on the couch, because hubby snores too loud
11) Our french bulldog, Balboa was our first baby and still kind of is
I am nominating these wonderful blogs for this award:
1) Susan at This Happy Mom
2) Emily at The Busy Mom’s Diet
3) A Mother’s First
4) CMcKane at Annuary Chit
5) Hannah at Hannah Says
6) Audrey at The Idea Girl
7) Desirae at The Not So Ugly Ducklings
8) Michelle at Michelle Mossey
9) Miranda at Words and Whimsey
10) Tragic Sandwich
11) Kate at Help I’m Surrounded by P*nises
Questions I Was Asked:
- What is your favorite food? Oh, that is hard, since I am allergic to dairy I am very picky. It has to be good pulled pork or my pasta and sauce.
- What is your dream job? I’d love to just have a job, but my dream job would be at home blog designer/updater.
- What did you want to be when you were a little kid? at teacher and a mom
- What was your favorite book as a kid? Where the Wild Things Are and the Judy Bloom books.
- What is your favorite color? brown, my wardrobe is all based on brown.
- What season is your favorite? fall, I love the colors, smells and weather
- What is your favorite holiday? hmm, Thanksgiving and Christmas eve, all because of the food.
- If you could have one day to do anything, what would it be? spend a day at a spa getting massages
- Which chore would you rather do, dust, grocery shop, or laundry? now that we have a washer and dryer in the house, LAUNDRY
- How many kids did you think you would have as a child? five, three boys and two girls
- What do you look forward to most about fall? used to be going back to school, now its the cooler weather, apple and pumpkin picking
Questions for my Nominees:
1) What would you do first if you won a million dollars?
2) What is your favorite room in your home?
3) What did you want to be when you were a little kid?
4) What is your favorite book to read to your child(ren)
5) What is your favorite color?
6) Which kid’s show do you wish was cancelled?
7) What is your favorite holiday?
8) What is the most expensive gift you have given someone?
9) Are you a good dancer?
10) How many kids did you think you would have as a child?
11) What do you look forward to most about fall?
run washing machine if full, put away dried clothes, clean up disaster areas from Hurricane Dinosaur
clean oven and stovetop