And now for this week’s sentence to finish: “This summer I plan to…”
And next week’s sentence to finish: ”When I was younger, I wanted to…”
”This summer I plan to……”
get in shape. Don’t get me wrong, I am not going to diet or change the way I look because I hate my body. I truly believe we women need to love ourselves and show positive body acceptance for our children. How will they know to love themselves if we don’t show them?
I do however, want to get in shape. I want to be able to run and jump around with Dinosaur without feeling like I might collapse form a coronary. I want to take long walks up hills and not fall over and lie on the floor like a beached whale. While on vacation, I want to be able to do whatever Dinosaur wants and not hold him back because I can’t.
I want to eat healthier meals and try to limit the processed foods and hormone-filled meats that come into our home. I can’t buy organic, just too expensive, but I can cook a few vegetarian meals that will ROCK!
A strategically placed post-it note near my pillow ensures that I WILL do Yoga in the morning.
Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!
Oh, and remember (pay close attention…this is the important one)…HAVE FUN!
Questions for Friday, May 3rd: (Special thanks to Gassy (@gasfamily) from The Gas Family, Brooke (@HallBro) from Brooke and Michael, Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Kate (@KatieB38) from Kate’s Life, and lovable, furry ol’ me for these 5QF question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so follow me on Twitter (@5crookedhalos) and/or like my Facebook page and watch for my Thursday
shout out plea for questions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)
1. What’s the one personal hygiene thing you will not do in front of your spouse? OH BOY, Can I really share that on this blog, LOL. I think it would have to be anything related to when AF visits the house. I’m sure he’s seen things by accident in our eighteen years together, twelve of which we’ve been married. Though I would prefer him not to, but that is marriage, right? Now as a mom I try to keep the door closed. My son is slowly starting to understand privacy, since I give it to him when he’s in the bathroom.
2. What’s your favorite thing about a newborn? Of all the things I missed about Dinosaur being a baby, the thing I miss the most is the unspoken connection I felt with him. We still have that connection, but as a newborn I had to rely on his facial expressions, coos, and movements to understand what he wanted. I loved looking in his eyes and seeing his love for me and recognizing my love for him.
3. When is “too young” to have a Facebook account? Oh wow, there are some adults that are even too immature to even have Facebook, LOL. I think I would freak out when Dinosaur has a Facebook page, but I hope not till high school. I mean, middle school is really young right? Dino is just about four, I can’t imagine the teenager he will be and what will happen. Oh man, I can’t even imagine him a teenager, LOL.
4. What are your hoping for for Mother’s Day? I gave hubby a list of links for crafts he can do with our son. That is what I want most for Mother’s Day gift, a handmade gift made by both my boys. A gift my son can see me proudly hang on our wall or use. Then I want some time to myself, after working all day and traveling from school to school, I really just want time to myself.
5. What was the best field trip you ever took in school? I honestly don’t remember my field trips. My years at Catholic school were a blur, I was bullied and have pretty much blocked it all out. I have been informed we did go to a ranch one weekend when we were in eighth grade and I happend to be taking our son to that same ranch. For me, it’s really like the first time going there, so I can’t wait.