Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.
At the end of this post you’ll find links to the other blogs featuring this challenge. Check them all out, see what words they got and how they used them.
Plastic ~ Grandpa ~ Humming ~ Behind ~ Exchange ~ Lessor
They were submitted by: http://dlt-lifeontheranch.blogspot.com/
I can’t wait to go on vacation, seriously, I need to get away. I don’t want to do laundry, cook, or clean. I love where we go, as all the meals are included and there is always something fun for AJ to do. In fact, there is always a nighttime event for kids, so AJ is exhausted at night and sleeps late the next morning…which is a heaven.
I might just start humming as the days get closer and I know I can just enjoy this time. When are we going? Sorry, can’t tell you that. I don’t think it’s safe at all to tell ANYONE when we are going on vacation. I don’t care if someone is staying behind watching our house or not. I just don’t believe it’s safe in letting the internet know you are out of town and basically inviting criminals to break in and rob us blind.
Some say it’s an expensive vacation and we could find a place to go that would be a lessor cost. The fact that we don’t have worry about meals or finding daily activities is a blessing. We do bring a snacks and plastic water bottles, in case we get the munchies in the early morning or late nights.
Though perhaps next summer we might exchange our normal plans for a different place, We’ll have to see what AJ thinks, since the vacations are all about him, right?
We would like to invite our parents, but it can be quite expensive for Grandmas and Grandpas. Though, it would be nice to have extra people to watch Anthony so mommy and daddy can get some quiet time for dinner or to just sleep!
Links to the other “Use Your Words” posts
- Baking In A Tornado http://www.bakinginatornado.com
- Southern Belle Charm http://www.southernbellecharm.com
- Not That Sarah Michelle http://notthatsarahmichelle.blogspot.com
- Spatulas on Parade http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com
- My Brain on Kids http://mybrainonkids.net
- The Bergham Chronicles http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com
- Never Ever Give Up Hope http://batteredhope.blogspot.com
- Confessions of a part time working mom http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/
- The Diary of an Alzheimer’s Caregiver http://www.thediaryofanalzheimerscaregiver.com/blog.html
- Molly Ritterbeck http://mollyritterbeck.com/
- Juicebox Confession http://juiceboxconfession.com/
- Climaxed http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com
- When I Grow Up http://kimberlyyavorski.com/whenigrowup/
- Sparkly Poetic Weirdo http://sparklyjenn.blogspot.com/
- On the Border http://dlt-lifeontheranch.blogspot.com/